Monday - Friday | 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. | Toll Free (877) 295-2273 | Fax (888) 835-6946
MEETING THE NEED
Our treating physicians work closely with your existing healthcare providers to develop and customize a treatment plan to each patient's individual needs.
Utilizing our proven approach to wound care, we have attained a consistent history of wound resolution rates statistically higher than those found nationally. Our patients have benefited from deceased treatment time resulting in lower medical costs, less hospital admissions and increased limb salvage. Our staff is outcomes driven with the ultimate goal of resolving wounds and assisting the patient with the resumption of activities of daily living.
Each patient is evaluated by a physician and registered nurse with specialized training in wound care. The following information is gathered/performed upon admit:
- Physical Assessment
- Medical History
- Patient Interview
- Comprehensive Wound Assessment
The following assessments and diagnostics help to identify patient specific factors that delay wound resolution:
- Nutrition assessment to establish overall nutritional status
- Routine lab work (HgbA1C, glucose, pre-albumin, CBC, CMP and Sed Rate) to identify deficiencies
- Doppler examination and Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) to establish vascular status
- Tissue cultures to identify and manage bioburden
- Offloading status and needs assessment
- Psycho social assessment to identify compliance issues, family support and the patient's readiness and ability to learn